Patanjali Centre for Classical Yoga Data Protection Policy
As part of our good governance review we have adopted a new data protection policy. Data protection legislation requires everyone responsible for using data to follow strict rules to ensure that information is used fairly and lawfully.
- The following summarises how PYC cares for your personal data:
We collect your personal details provided when you become a member or contact us. This includes name and address. In some cases where you have given us the information, we hold an email address and phone number(s) for you.
- We only use this information for the legitimate purpose it was collected for. In the case of your membership, this is to provide you with the twice yearly magazine along with any occasional communications we may need to make advising you of relevant information about the Centre.
- We do not sell your personal data or provide it to anyone else.
- How we protect data:
- Electronic data is stored on secure databases.
- A hand written diary is kept at the Centre and your name will appear in that, if you attend one of the regular evening classes, but no personal contact data is written there. Your name, along with any other information or comments you have included, will also appear if you write it in the visitor’s book. These hand written books can be viewed by anyone visiting the Centre.
- Our website uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer, some of which are essential to make the site work and some allow us to gather anonymous analytical data. Where our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the content of those external websites or for any data that you give to them.
- How we contact you:
- You can decide at any time not to receive communications from us or change how you want to be contacted by emailing email@example.com or writing to Patanjali Centre for Classical Yoga, The Cott, Marley Lane, Battle, East Sussex, TN33 0RE, UK
If you have any questions regarding our policy or control of your data please contact us using the addresses above.